Family affects who we are and who we become. They teach us our behaviors, attitudes, and values as well as influence how we view and observe the world around us.
Common reasons for seeking family therapy include:
- Parent-child conflict
- Problems between siblings
- Unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
- Family members caring for aging parents
Some positive outcomes of family therapy are:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostering a sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promoting problem solving through understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Building empathy and understanding
- Reducing family conflict
If you relate to any of the above issues and are considering family therapy, I would love to speak with you about how I can support your family.